Sesame Peanut Noodle Salad
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced ginger
- 1 to 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup julienned cucumbers, optional
- 1/4 cup green onion tops, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Fill a medium soup pot or Dutch oven with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
Boil the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt, about 9 minutes or until al dente. Drain the spaghetti in a colander, then transfer noodles to a large mixing bowl and, using tongs, toss with 2 tablespoons of the peanut oil to keep the pasta from sticking. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining peanut oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes. Whisk until smooth.
Pour 1/2 of the peanut mixture onto the spaghetti and, using tongs, toss to coat the pasta. Cover the spaghetti with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
When ready to serve, pour the remaining peanut mixture onto the spaghetti and toss to coat. Sprinkle with julienned cucumbers, if using, sliced green onions, chopped peanuts and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.