Warm Chocolate Pudding Cakes
- 1 1/2 ounces good quality semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 -ounce unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter,softened, plus 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Cocoa powder, for garnish
Lightly butter 2 ramekins with 1 teaspoon of butter and set aside.
In the top of a double boiler place semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolate and stir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat and stir in 3 tablespoons butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, flour, baking powder and cocoa. With an electric mixer, beat at medium-high speed until pale and very thick, about 5 minutes. Place mixture in prepared ramekins, filling about half-full. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours.
When ready to serve, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place ramekins on the middle shelf in the oven and bake until edges are set but centers are still shiny, about 10 or 11 minutes.
Invert pudding cakes onto plates and serve immediately, garnished with whipped cream or ice cream, and dust with cocoa powder. (Desserts may also be served directly from ramekins.)