- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- Pinch Essence, recipe follows
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, cleaned and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head radicchio, cleaned and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small bunch frisee, cleaned
- 1/2 pound Pont L'eveque cheese, sliced
In a food processor, combine the avocado, garlic, salt, pepper, green onions, Essence, and lemon juice and process until smooth. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil through the feed tube and process until well combined. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper, if necessary. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the bibb lettuce, radicchio, and frisee. Add some of the dressing and toss well. Top with sliced cheese and serve immediately.
Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.