- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound fresh grouper, cut into chunks
- 1 whole carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 whole red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fish stock or water
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Bermuda black rum or dark rum
- 1 teaspoon sherry peppers (a special Bermudan pepper-flavored sherry)
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over high heat. Add the onion, celery, and chili pepper and saute until tender; stir in the tomato paste. Add the grouper and stir until the fish is coated. Mix in the carrot, tomatoes, red pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, potato, and salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and add the fish stock, hot sauce, tomato juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer over medium heat for 1 hour.
Serve in bowls and drizzle with rum and sherry peppers.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.