Cheddar Horseradish Cheese Ball
- Total Time:
- 4 hr 20 min
- 20 min
- 4 hr
- 1 8 -ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 1/4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Assorted vegetables and crackers, for serving
1. Mix both of the cheeses, the onion, horseradish, 1 of the tablespoon parsley, Worcestershire, salt to taste and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl until evenly combined. Form the cheese mixture into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm and the flavors have blended, at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator up to 30 minutes before serving. Cook the bacon in skillet until crisp, transfer to a paper towel, and when cool crumble. Mix the bacon with the nuts and remaining tablespoon parsley in a shallow bowl. Roll the cheese ball in the mixture so that it is coated evenly. Serve with vegetables and crackers.
Total Fat: 11 grams
Saturated Fat: 5.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 2 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Sodium: 178 milligrams
Cholesterol: 29 milligrams
Fiber: 0 gram
For a large gathering this recipe easily doubles for two smaller cheese balls or one large cheese ball.
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Recipe courtesy of Aria Kagan