- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, thinly sliced,
- plus more for the dish
- 1 pound (2 cups) fresh cherries, pitted (or one 10-ounce bag frozen cherries, thawed and patted dry)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter an 11-inch-round baking dish and spread the cherries evenly over the bottom.
Whisk the eggs, half-and-half, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the flour in a bowl until combined. Pour the batter over the cherries, sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and scatter the sliced butter on top.
Bake until puffed and golden around the edges, about 40 minutes. Cool slightly, then dust with confectioners' sugar.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.