- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 2 -inch piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 3/4 teaspoons hot paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked rice, for serving (optional)
Preheat the broiler. Make shallow cuts in the chicken thighs with a sharp knife. Toss the chicken with the lemon juice and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl.
Pulse 2 tablespoons yogurt, the vegetable oil, onion, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, coriander, cumin, 11/2 teaspoons paprika and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor to make a paste. Toss the chicken in the mixture and let marinate 15 minutes.
Place the chicken on a foil-lined broiler pan. Broil, turning once, until slightly charred and a thermometer inserted into the center registers 165 degrees F, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 cup yogurt and 1/4 teaspoon paprika, the cilantro and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Top the chicken with the yogurt sauce and serve with rice, if desired.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Shrimp & Chili Cocktail Sauce(00:04:07)
Peach Glazed Chicken Breast(00:02:52)
Lightened-Up Lobster Rolls(00:03:08)
Grilled Citrus Chicken Thighs(00:02:47)
Marcela's Light Tacos(00:02:52)
Real-Deal Barbecued Tofu(00:03:14)
More Recipes and Ideas:
Tandoori Spiced Chicken Breast with Grilled Tomato Jam and Herbed Yogurt Sauce, Almost Tandoori Chicken, Tandoori Chicken with Mashed Chick Peas and Pepper and Onion Salad, Chicken Piccata Recipes, Chicken and Dumpling Recipes, Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipes, Chicken Alfredo Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes