Chicken With Pickle Sauce
- 4 6 -ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dill pickles, plus 1/3 cup juice from the jar
- 5 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pumpernickel bread and jarred pickled beets, for serving (optional)
Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make 8 thin cutlets. Season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Heat the butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken in batches and cook until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Add the onion, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the skillet. Cook until the onion is golden, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth and cook until slightly reduced, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium low.
Meanwhile, mix the egg yolks, pickles, pickle juice, scallions and parsley in a bowl. Stir into the broth and cook, stirring, until the sauce begins to thicken, about 1 minute. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until the sauce thickens and the chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes (do not boil). Serve with bread and pickled beets, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 324; Fat 10 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 222 mg; Sodium 623 mg; Carbohydrate 12 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 44 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chinese Five-Spice Chicken with Red Cabbage and Potato Gratin, Grilled Garlic Chicken with Black Beans, Pico de Gallo and Homemade Guacamole, BBQ Chicken in Cornbread Cups, Easy Barbecuing, Chicken and Rice Recipes, Easy Casserole, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Easy Side Dish, Easy Snack
Thank you! your flag was submitted.