Cowboy Steak and Pepper Kebabs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tri-tip, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch dice
- 12 assorted color baby bell peppers, cored and halved
- Vegetable oil, for grill
Special equipment: 8 wooden skewers that have been soaked in water or 8 metal skewers.
Mix the butter, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, orange zest, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl. Add the beef, toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
Preheat a grill over high heat. Thread the beef, onions, and peppers onto 8 long skewers leaving 1/4-inch space between the meat and vegetables. Lightly brush the grill grates with oil. Arrange the skewers on the hot grill and grill, turning until the meat is medium-rare, about 2 to 3 minutes on each of the 4 sides. Transfer the kebabs to the platter and serve.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Emeril's Grilled Cowboy Steak with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Fried Oysters and a Drizzle of Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse