Cowboy Steak and Pepper Kebabs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tri-tip, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch dice
- 12 assorted color baby bell peppers, cored and halved
- Vegetable oil, for grill
Special equipment: 8 wooden skewers that have been soaked in water or 8 metal skewers.
Mix the butter, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, orange zest, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl. Add the beef, toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
Preheat a grill over high heat. Thread the beef, onions, and peppers onto 8 long skewers leaving 1/4-inch space between the meat and vegetables. Lightly brush the grill grates with oil. Arrange the skewers on the hot grill and grill, turning until the meat is medium-rare, about 2 to 3 minutes on each of the 4 sides. Transfer the kebabs to the platter and serve.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.