Garden Pasta With Bocconcini
- For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (preferably mixed colors)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the salad:
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces campanelle or fusilli pasta (about 4 cups)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup halved bocconcini (small mozzarella balls)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
Make the dressing: Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil; add the garlic and cook 2 minutes. Remove the garlic and place in a blender with the cherry tomatoes, vinegar and basil; puree until smooth. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Make the salad: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (about 2 minutes less than the label directs). Drain and rinse under cool water; shake off the excess. Transfer the pasta to a bowl and toss with the dressing.
Shave the zucchini into strips with a vegetable peeler or mandoline; halve the strips crosswise and add to the pasta. Add the tomatoes, bocconcini, pine nuts and basil and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 6 hours. (Bring to room temperature before serving.)
Photograph by Yunhee Kim
More Recipes and Ideas:
Tipsy Garden Pasta, Garden-Style Straw and Hay Pasta with Bagna Cauda Sauce, Pick-a-Pepper Pasta (Bucatini with Hot and Sweet and Pickled Peppers Sauce), Salmon Salad Recipes, Crab Salad Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Green Bean Salad Recipes, Lobster Salad Recipes, Stuffed Shells Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.