Grilled Cheesy Meatloaves
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts), cut into pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 pound 90 percent lean ground beef sirloin
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into four 2-inch-long sticks
- Cooking spray
- 3 assorted bell peppers, quartered or cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Preheat a grill to medium high. Pulse the scallions, celery and parsley in a food processor until finely chopped; transfer to a bowl. Add the beef, panko, egg, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Mix with your hands, then divide into 4 portions; set a piece of cheese on each. Mold the beef around the cheese and form into mini oval-shaped loaves.
Stack 2 large sheets of heavy-duty foil; coat the top sheet with cooking spray. Arrange the meatloaves 1 1/2 inches apart in the center of the foil; coat with cooking spray. Bring the foil edges together to make a packet and crimp to seal. Set the packet seam-side down on the grill; add the peppers to the grill, skin-side down. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Flip the peppers, brush with Worcestershire sauce and sprinkle with salt; flip the packet. Continue cooking, covered, 5 to 8 more minutes.
Remove the peppers and packet from the grill. Brush the meatloaves with ketchup. Return the open packet to the grill; cook 5 more minutes.
Photograph by Justin Walker
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray