Ham, Swiss and Apple Wraps
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced lean ham (preferably low-sodium), torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 ounces sliced Swiss cheese, cut into strips
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 4 whole-wheat wraps or tortillas
- 3 cups strawberries, halved
Soak the red onion in a bowl of ice water, 10 minutes. Drain the onion and squeeze dry.
Whisk the yogurt, dill, honey mustard, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and 1 tablespoon water, whisking until combined. Add the onion, ham, cheese, lettuce and apple and toss to coat. Pile the ham mixture in the middle of each wrap. Fold in the sides, then roll up the wraps. Cut in half and serve with the strawberries.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.