Mahi Mahi With Asparagus and Almond Sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 6 -ounce skinless mahi mahi fillets (about 1 inch thick)
Preheat the broiler. Spread the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and broil, stirring frequently, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Combine the toasted almonds, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, honey, mustard, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the parsley.
Toss the asparagus with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon water, the lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste on the same baking sheet. Spread in a single layer and broil until the asparagus is bright green and crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Sprinkle the fish with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and arrange on the same baking sheet, rounded side down; broil until opaque, about 3 minutes. Turn the fillets, brush with some of the almond sauce and continue broiling until just firm and cooked through, 3 to 5 more minutes. Divide the fish and asparagus among plates and top with the remaining almond sauce.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee