Mahi Mahi With Asparagus and Almond Sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 6 -ounce skinless mahi mahi fillets (about 1 inch thick)
Preheat the broiler. Spread the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and broil, stirring frequently, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Combine the toasted almonds, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, honey, mustard, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the parsley.
Toss the asparagus with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon water, the lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste on the same baking sheet. Spread in a single layer and broil until the asparagus is bright green and crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Sprinkle the fish with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and arrange on the same baking sheet, rounded side down; broil until opaque, about 3 minutes. Turn the fillets, brush with some of the almond sauce and continue broiling until just firm and cooked through, 3 to 5 more minutes. Divide the fish and asparagus among plates and top with the remaining almond sauce.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee