Mashed Potatoes with Buttermilk and Dill
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return to the pan. Shake the pan over medium heat for about a minute to dry the potatoes. Transfer the potatoes to a food mill, ricer, or bowl.
Mash the potatoes through the food mill, ricer, or by hand into the pan. Stir in the low-fat milk, buttermilk, and dill warm over medium-low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.