Mexican Chicken Tenders
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 medium red onions, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 small head cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 9 -ounce bag low-sodium tortilla chips, finely crushed
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Whisk 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar and the chili powder in a shallow microwave-safe dish. Add the onions, separating them into rings. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Toss to coat the onions with the liquid, then let cool.
Meanwhile, whisk 1/3 cup mayonnaise, the cilantro and the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 tablespoon sugar in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, jalapenos, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste and toss. Refrigerate the slaw until ready to serve.
Whisk the remaining 2/3 cup mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon liquid from the pickled onions in a shallow dish. Put the crushed chips in another dish. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Dip the chicken in the mayonnaise mixture and then in the chips; place on the baking sheet. Mist the chicken with cooking spray. Bake until crisp and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with the slaw and onions.
Per serving: Calories 771; Fat 41 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 103 mg; Sodium 1,079 mg; Carbohydrate 62 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 39 g
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders and Salad with Tangy Maple Dressing, Awesome Pretzel Chicken Tenders with Spicy Honey Dijon Sauce, Sesame and Herbes de Provence Chicken Tenders, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Thai Chicken Recipes, Turkey Breast Recipes, Easy Grilling, Chicken, Easy Lunch