Open-Face Vietnamese Chicken Sandwiches
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 crusty hoagie-style rolls
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from about 4 limes)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped cornichons or gherkins, plus 1 tablespoon brine from the jar
- Kosher salt
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (from 1 small chicken)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus cilantro leaves for topping
- 1 tablespoon Asian chile sauce (such as Sriracha)
Whisk 1/4 cup mayonnaise, the lime juice, honey, cornichons and brine, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the chicken, onion, carrots, radishes and chopped cilantro and toss. Mix the chile sauce and the remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise in a small bowl.
Spread each piece of bread with some chile mayonnaise, then top with the chicken salad and cilantro leaves.
Per serving: Calories 654; Fat 41 g (Saturated 9 g); Cholesterol 180 mg; Sodium 1,509 mg; Carbohydrate 26 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 46 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.