Open-Faced Omelet With Arugula Salad
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup torn roasted red peppers
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, pulled apart into thin strips
Whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, the vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Add the arugula, olives and roasted red peppers but don't toss yet (you don't want the arugula to wilt). Set aside while you prepare the omelets.
Whisk the eggs, milk and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add about 1 teaspoon olive oil, then pour in 1/2 cup of the egg mixture and stir gently with a rubber spatula to distribute the egg in the bottom of the pan. Cook until the eggs are just set but the underside is not brown, about 4 minutes, then slide the omelet onto a plate. Repeat to make 3 more omelets, adding about 1 more teaspoon oil to the skillet between each.
Toss the arugula salad, then pile on top of the omelets. Scatter the feta and prosciutto on top.
Per serving: Calories 361; Fat 27 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 391 mg; Sodium 1,061 mg; Carbohydrate 6 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 21 g
Photographs by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.