Pear and Pistachio Guacamole
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
Perfect for autumn or winter when the petite seckel pears are in season. But you can use any favorite pear. It has a surprising crunch, creating a delicious new version of guacamole. The pistachios on top make it extra special and contrast so nicely with the pear and avocado.
- 3 Hass avocados, halved, pitted and cubed
- 2 firm ripe Seckel pears or 1 large Anjou pear, cored and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, minced with some seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted pistachios
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Blue corn tortilla chips, for serving
Toss together the avocados and pears in a medium bowl. Stir in the cilantro, lime juice, coriander, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the garlic and jalapenos until combined. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with the pistachios and serve with lime wedges and blue corn tortilla chips.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.