Pork Chops With Smashed Potatoes and Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 medium shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 thin boneless pork chops (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds)
Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add 2 teaspoons salt, partially cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, then return the potatoes to the pot and coarsely mash with a large spoon. Cover and keep warm.
Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Pat the pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper. Lightly brush the grill pan with olive oil, then grill the chops until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Serve the pork chops and potatoes with the chimichurri sauce.
Per serving: Calories 599; Fat 37 g (Saturated 7 g); Cholesterol 78 mg; Sodium 323 mg; Carbohydrate 30 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 35 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.