Pork Tenderloin With Melon Salad
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 2 -inch piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 to 1 1/4 pounds each)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 honeydew melon, seeded and peeled
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint or cilantro
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped salted roasted cashews or peanuts
Season the pork with salt and pepper and rub with 1 tablespoon of the ginger oil. Lightly brush the grill grates with olive oil. Grill the pork, turning as needed, until well marked and a thermometer inserted into the center registers 145 degrees F, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest, 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, thinly slice the melon, then cut into 2-inch pieces. Drain the onion and toss with the melon, 1 tablespoon of the ginger oil, the lime juice, mint, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the cashews.
Per serving: Calories 500; Fat 26 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 147 mg; Sodium 258 mg; Carbohydrate 16 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 50 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.