Roasted Chicken with Pumpkin Seed Salsa
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 5-pound chicken, cut into pieces (halve breasts crosswise if large)
- 1 cup pepitas (peeled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Fresno chile or jalapeno, seeded if desired and finely diced
- 1/4 small red onion, finely diced
- Serving suggestions: Mexican rice and black beans
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Combine 2 tablespoons of the oil with the cumin, coriander, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spiced oil all over the chicken pieces and place on a foil-lined shallow-rimmed baking sheet. Roast until the chicken is golden brown and crisp and a thermometer inserted into the thickest parts registers 165 degrees F, about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, toast the pepitas in a large dry skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Cool and coarsely chop. Transfer to a medium bowl, add the cilantro, lime juice, chiles, onions, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 3/4 teaspoon salt and toss together.
3. Arrange the chicken pieces on a platter and serve with the bowl of salsa on the side, accompanied by Mexican rice and black beans.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs with Grapes and Olives, White House Garden Herb-Roasted Chicken with Braised Greens, Roasted Chicken Dinner with Potatoes and Artichokes on a Bed of Crispy Kale, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes, Chicken, Chicken Piccata Recipes, Healthy Brunch, Easy Stir-Frying, Orange Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.