Roasted Red-Pepper Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 shallots or 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 12 -ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
- 4 to 5 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 sourdough dinner rolls
Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, celery, shallots, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste and cook, stirring frequently, until the potatoes begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken broth and 1 cup water. Cover and bring to a simmer, then uncover and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Transfer the soup and sour cream to a blender and, keeping the lid slightly ajar, puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and stir in half of the cilantro. Divide among bowls and sprinkle with the cheese and the remaining cilantro. Serve with the rolls.
Per serving: Calories 570; Fat 20 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 62 mg; Sodium 1,205 mg; Carbohydrate 77 g; Fiber 7 g; Protein 21 g
Photograph by Andrew Purcell
More Recipes and Ideas:
Roasted Red Pepper Soup With Broccoli Pesto Trees, Chilled Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Avocado-Chile Salsa, Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup with Smoky Caprese Panini, Carrot Soup Recipes, Tomato Soup Recipes, Vegetable Soup Recipes, Bell Peppers, Bean Soup Recipes, Tortilla Soup Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.