Sesame Green Beans
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil over high heat and salt it generously. Add the beans, and cook, uncovered, until just tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water, set aside.
Whisk the soy sauce, water, sesame oil, cornstarch, and pepper flakes in a small bowl.
Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add the shallots, garlic, ginger, and sesame seeds and cook until the vegetables are golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in the green beans and soy sauce mixture, bring to a boil, and cook until the green beans glaze, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with the vinegar and serve immediately.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchens