Shrimp Fried Rice
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- 4 ounces fresh or frozen snow peas (thawed, if frozen), halved
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 3 cups cooked white rice
Whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook, without stirring, until almost set, about 1 minute. Flip the egg pancake with a rubber spatula and cook until just set on the other side, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin strips.
Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl and set aside. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the same skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp and ginger and stir-fry until almost cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add the snow peas, carrots and scallions and continue to stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Add the rice and soy sauce mixture and stir-fry until warmed through. Stir in the egg strips and divide among bowls.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.