Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Frittata
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Serving suggestion: Crispy potatoes and mesclun salad
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
Whisk the eggs, milk, dill, salt, pepper, and chives together in a bowl. Using two spoons or your fingers, separate the cream cheese into small clumps. Fold the cream cheese and salmon into the egg mixture.
Heat the oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, and stir lightly to make sure the fillings are evenly arranged in the pan. Cook until the bottom is set, but not brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the top is set, about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, cover, and set aside for 5 minutes.
Invert the frittata onto a large plate. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
Copyright 2002 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
From Food Network Kitchens