Spicy Smoked Salmon Bagelwiches
- 1 Persian cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 bagels, split
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ounce smoked salmon (about 2 slices), chopped
- 1 ounce cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha (Asian chile sauce)
Toss the cucumber and scallion slices in a small bowl with the lemon juice, sesame oil and a pinch of salt.
Lightly toast the bagels. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the eggs and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring, until almost set, about 2 minutes. Stir in the salmon, cream cheese and Sriracha and cook until the eggs are set, about 1 more minute.
Divide the scrambled egg mixture between the bagels and top with the cucumber salad.
Photograph by Paul Sirisalee
Thank you! your flag was submitted.