Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot or red onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons quality walnut oil, (see Cook's Note)
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves, stems trimmed, washed, and dried
- 1/2 cup whole or chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil to make a creamy dressing.
Put all but a large handful of the spinach in a large bowl. Toss with most of the dressing. Add remaining spinach and continue tossing until well coated.
Serve immediately topped with goat cheese and walnuts.
Copyright 2003 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Cook's Note: If your walnut oil is very strong, use half walnut oil and extra-virgin olive oil.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Super Food Spinach Salad with Pomegranate-Glazed Walnuts, Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts, Spinach Salad with Dried Cranberries, Walnuts and Pomegranate Vinaigrette, Parmesan Cheese, Appetizer Recipes , Easy Shrimp, Easy Casserole, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Dip Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.