Sweet Potato Nachos
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
The chorizo and cheese in these slightly-elevated (but not too elevated) nachos add just the right note of smoke and richness, and parallel[ the cabernet.]
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound Spanish chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1 small onion, quartered
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 serrano chiles, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the sweet potato slices in 3 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay the slices in a single layer on 2 baking sheets and roast until brown and beginning to crisp, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping the slices halfway through.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chorizo in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
4. Top the sweet potato slices with the chorizo and shredded cheese; return to the oven to melt the cheese. Serve topped with the avocado salsa and a cilantro leaf garnish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.