Tilapia With Hash Browns
- 1 20 -ounce bag frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil,
- plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup pitted Spanish green olives, roughly chopped
- 3/4 pound tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence or dried rosemary
- Freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss the hash browns with the garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the hash browns, flatten with a spatula and cook until the bottom is golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Flip the potato cake and pat it back into shape. Cook until crisp and golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
Scatter half of the olive mixture over the potato cake and top with the fish. Scatter the remaining olive mixture on top and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the fish is cooked through, about 12 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Serve from the skillet.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Tilapia with Tomatillos and Avocado filled with Maque Choux, Blackened Tilapia Sandwiches with Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise, Seared Tilapia with Asparagus and Spicy Mint Gremolata, Easy Main Dish, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Easy Baking, Fish Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Roasted Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.