Tropical Oatmeal Smoothie
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
This tropical-inspired smoothie is packed with fiber (6 grams per serving), thanks to the fruit and the clever addition of rolled oats. Feel free to take a tip from us and add oats-and fiber-to your favorite smoothie, too.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 small banana, peeled and broken into 4 pieces
- 1 1/2 cups plain unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup frozen unsweetened mango cubes
- 3/4 cup frozen unsweetened pineapple cubes
- Fresh pineapple wedges, for garnish
Add the oats to a blender, cover and blend to a fine powder. Add 2 ice cubes, banana, coconut milk, lemon juice, vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon salt, cover and blend until smooth. Add the mango and pineapple, cover and blend until smooth, at least 1 minute.
Pour the smoothie into two large chilled glasses and garnish with a pineapple wedge.
Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen