- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 30 min
- 10 min
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup natural cocoa powder, such as Hershey's or Scharffen Berger
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons fine salt
- 18 large marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
2. Place unsweetened and semisweet chocolate and butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat at 75 percent power until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir, and continue to microwave until completely melted, about 2 minutes more. Whisk sugar, eggs and vanilla into chocolate mixture until smooth. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into another bowl. Gradually whisk dry ingredients into wet ingredients until moistened. Fold batter together using a rubber spatula. Do not over mix.
3. Drop heaping tablespoons batter onto prepared pan, 1 inch apart. Bake until cookies spring back when lightly touched, about 6 minutes. Cool cookies slightly.
4.Transfer half cookies to a rack. Turn remaining cookies on pan over-flat side up. Place a marshmallow on top each flipped cookie; return pan to oven. Cook just until marshmallow begins to soften and puff, about 3 minutes. Cool marshmallow topped cookies slightly, about 2 minutes. Top with remaining cookies, pressing lightly to make sandwiches. Cool whoopee pies completely on wire racks. Serve.
Total Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 6 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 25 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Sodium: 130 milligrams
Cholesterol: 50 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved