- 1/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (8-ounce) boneless sirloin steaks, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
Grind porcini mushrooms to a powder in a coffee grinder or a blender. Transfer to a bowl and add all other ingredients. Stir until fully combined and mixture is a paste.
Brush the steaks on both sides with the porcini paste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Prepare a medium-hot fire in your grill. Grill the steaks, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.