Beet and Marinated Goat Cheese Salad
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, chilled, broken into 1/2-inch chunks
- Four 2-inch-diameter red or golden beets, tops trimmed
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups bite-size pieces butter lettuce (part of 1 head)
- 2 packed cups baby arugula
- 1/2 large Granny Smith apple, cored, cut into thin slices
For the dressing: Combine the oil, vinegar, apple juice, thyme, pepper, salt and garlic in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Season with additional salt and pepper.
For the salad: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the goat cheese in a medium bowl. Drizzle with just enough dressing to moisten. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Wrap each beet in foil. Place the beets directly onto the oven rack and roast until tender, about 50 minutes. Eight minutes before the beets are tender, place the green beans in a pie dish. Add the oil and a pinch each salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast the green beans alongside the beets until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Remove the foil from the beets and set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut each beet into 6 to 8 wedges.
Combine the lettuces in a large bowl. Add the green beans and apple slices and top with the beet wedges. Sprinkle the goat cheese on top. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss until coated.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Warm Apple and Goat Cheese Salad, Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Dip with Chives and Thyme, Spinach, Dried Cherry and Goat Cheese Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing, Salad Dressing, Caesar Salad Recipes, Brown Rice Recipes, Roasted Tomato Recipes, Swiss Cheese, Mushroom Salad Recipes