Buffalo Grilled Shrimp with Goat Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1/3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's, plus 2 tablespoons for serving
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, from 1 large lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the sauce: Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and shallots and saute for about two minutes. Add the cumin and smoked paprika and continue to cook, stirring, for one minute more. Add the cream and salt, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Whisk in the goat cheese, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes before stirring in the chives and parsley.
For the shrimp: In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the 1/4 cup hot sauce and the olive oil, lemon zest and garlic. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with the salt and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque at the center. Remove to a clean bowl and toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons hot sauce. Serve with the goat cheese dipping sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse