- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened (recommended: Haagen Dazs Dark Chocolate)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup smooth, unsalted almond or peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (2-ounce) semi-sweet chocolate bar
In a blender, combine the ice cream, milk, yogurt, almond butter, and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Pour into 4 glasses. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the chocolate and place on top of each milkshake. Place a straw in each glass and serve.
Cook's Note: The chocolate can also be grated or finely chopped.