Curly Endive, Prosciutto and Mozzarella on Bruschetta
- 18 diagonal slices (1/2-inch-thick) baguette bread
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head of curly endive or frisee leaves, separated into 2-inch strips
- 1 (7-ounce) ball fresh water-packed mozzarella cheese, drained, cut into 18 thin slices
- 18 paper-thin slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Arrange the bread slices on 2 heavy large baking sheets. Brush 3 tablespoons of oil over the bread slices. Bake until the crostini are pale golden and crisp, about 15 minutes.
Wrap 1 curly endive and 1 slice of cheese with 1 slice of prosciutto, allowing the tops to extend 1-inch over 1 long side of the prosciutto. Arrange the crostini on a platter. Top each crostini with a prosciutto roll. Drizzle the vinaigrette over and serve.Red Wine Vinaigrette:
Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with more salt and pepper, if desired.
Yield: 1 3/4 cups
More Recipes and Ideas:
Opakapaka Fish on Hirabara Baby Greens, Green Apple Vinaigrette, and Stilton Bruschetta, Prosciutto-Wrapped Crostini with Melon Salsa Crudo, Prosciutto, Fig, and Goat Cheese Quesadillas, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Gnocchi Recipes, Panna Cotta Recipes, Chicken Piccata Recipes, Salmon Mousse Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.