- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 2 medium zucchini, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced, rinsed
- 5 romaine lettuce leaves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1-ounce Parmesan, crumbled into 1/4-inch pieces
For the Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper until combined.
For the Salad: Place the garbanzo beans, zucchini, corn, red onion, and lettuce in a large salad bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well. Garnish with the crumbled Parmesan cheese and serve.
SERVINGS: 4 (MAIN); Calories: 252; Total Fat: 16 grams; Saturated Fat: 3 grams; Protein: 8 grams; Total carbohydrates: 20 grams; Sugar: 4 grams; Fiber: 4 grams; Cholesterol: 6 milligrams; Sodium: 383 milligrams