Italian Greens and Herb Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 4 Belgian endives, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 cup (lightly packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup (lightly packed) fresh basil leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Blend the lemon juice, lemon peel, honey, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil.
Toss the lettuce, endive, olives, parsley, and basil in a large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Season the salad with more salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis