Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (26-ounce) jar marinara sauce (recommended: San Marzano brand)
- 2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pastina pasta (or any small pasta)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Warm the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, onion, and garlic and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the jar of marinara sauce, chicken broth, cannellini beans, red pepper flakes, pasta, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve.
SERVINGS: 4 (MAIN); Calories: 430; Total Fat: 16 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 15 grams; Total carbohydrates: 59 grams; Sugar: 3 grams Fiber: 10 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 1,976 milligrams
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis