- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar (aged for 5 to 10 years)
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar (recommended: Sugar in the Raw)
- 1 cup mascarpone, at room temperature (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons honey
Line a small baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
In a small bowl, carefully toss the raspberries and vinegar together. Let the mixture stand for 15 minutes.
Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar melts, about 5 minutes. Pour the sugar onto the prepared baking sheet and allow to cool, 5 to 10 minutes (the sugar will be hot). When cool enough to handle, crumble into small pieces.
In another small bowl, mix together the mascarpone cheese, sour cream, and honey until smooth.
Spoon the raspberry mixture into 4 (8-ounce) glasses. Dollop the mascarpone mixture on top. Sprinkle with the crumbled sugar and serve.