Raspberry Pound Cake with Vin Santo Cream
- Pound cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the loaf pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (from 1 medium orange)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing loaf pan
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10-ounce) bag sweetened, frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Vin Santo wine or Moscato wine
CreamTo make the Raspberry Pound Cake:
Set an oven rack in the lower 1/3 of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 by 5 by3-inch loaf pan.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, orange zest, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until blended, about 30 seconds. With the machine running, add the eggs 1 at a time. Add the vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, until just incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold the drained raspberries evenly into the batter.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. (Cake may deflate in the center during cooling)
To make the Vin Santo Cream:
In a large bowl, beat the cream until it holds soft peaks.
Add the vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and Vin Santo. Continue to beat mixture until cream holds stiff peaks.
Transfer the pound cake to a serving platter. Slice and serve with the Vin Santo Cream.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse