- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) center-cut skinless halibut fillets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1 packed cup chopped fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper until smooth. Pour the mixture into a sealable plastic bag or a glass baking dish. Add the halibut and coat it with the lemon mixture. Refrigerate for 35 minutes. Remove the halibut from the marinade and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 15 to 18 minutes.
Salad: Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and red bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until the shallots are soft and translucent, about 6 minutes. Turn off the heat, then add the peas, the chopped mint, lemon zest, and thyme. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Spoon the salad onto 4 plates and top with the halibut. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.