Rotini with Salsa di Limone
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 1/4 pound Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup crumbled ricotta salata cheese or feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
Place the hot pasta in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, ricotta salata cheese, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Toss to combine, adding the remaining pasta water, if desired. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis