Salami, Bacon and Spinach Hash
- 8 ounces apple-smoked bacon (5 to 6 slices), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 5 ounces dry salami, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Zest of 1/2 medium orange
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
Cook the bacon over medium-high heat in a 12-inch nonstick skillet, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the bacon using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Add the potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the pan juices. Cook, stirring frequently, until brown and crisp, about 25 minutes. Remove the potatoes using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Add the oil, onion, bell pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach, salami, nutmeg, orange zest, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Cook until the spinach is wilted, about 4 minutes. Stir in the bacon and potatoes.
Cook's Note: To cook the eggs faster, cover the pan with a lid.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Cast Iron Baked Oysters Rockefeller Bacon Trinity, Creamy Dijon Spinach and Parmesan Bread Crumbs, Garnet Yam, Bacon, and Apple Hash, Bacon, Spinach and Cream Potatoes, Easy Breakfast, Breakfast, Sausage Casserole Recipes, Potato Soup Recipes, Spinach Casserole Recipes, Sweet Potato Recipes