Toasted Pound Cake with Citrus Cream
- Pound Cake:
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (10.75-ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 9 (1-inch) slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup honey, for drizzling
- Citrus Cream:
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large oranges, segmented
For the pound cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange the pound cake in a single layer on the prepared pan. Brush with the melted butter and drizzle with honey. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
For the citrus cream: In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat all the ingredients together until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
To assemble: Spoon the citrus-cream filling on the cooled pound cake slices. Top with orange segments and serve.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis