- 1 pound cake (10 3/4 ounce), cut crosswise into 12 slices
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur (recommended: Amaretto)
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the pound cake slices on a large heavy baking sheet and toast in oven for 7 to 10 minutes until the slices turn golden brown. Alternatively, toast the pound cake slices in an electric toaster until golden.
Place 1 cake slice atop each of 6 plates. Spoon the mascarpone cheese atop the cake slices. Arrange the remaining cake slices offset atop the bottom cake slices. Spoon the apricot mixture over. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve immediately.