Whitefish with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large head radicchio (about 12 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup fish broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (5 to 6-ounce) whitefish fillets, such as tilapia
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- Lemon Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the radicchio and saute until wilted, about 5 minutes. Add the beans and broth, and cook until the beans are heated through, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Season the radicchio mixture, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a 14-inch (or 2 smaller) nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper. Dredge the fillets in flour to coat completely. Shake of the excess flour and fry 3 fillets in each pan until they are golden brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Spoon the radicchio mixture over the center of the plates. Top with the fillets. Drizzle the vinaigrette over and serve immediately.Lemon Vinaigrette:
Blend the lemon juice, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with more salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis