Gobbler Cobbler Pie
- 1 package long-grain wild rice (recommended: Uncle Ben's)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 can French style green beans, drained
- 3 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups grated Cheddar
- 1 small can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package preformed pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare the rice according to package instructions and set aside. Saute onions, peppers, and mushrooms in oil and set aside.
Combine all ingredients except 1 cup of cheese and pie crust, into large bowl and mix well. Pour into greased 9-inch glass pie plate. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese and set aside.
Roll out pie crust, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips and cover dish in lattice design, then brush dough lightly with egg.
Place in 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes, when top is golden brown, remove, let cool, and enjoy.
This dish is an excellent way to use holiday turkey leftovers, plus it freezes well.