Grilled Garlic Chicken
- 2 (4-pound) chickens, cut into 8 pieces, backbone removed
- 1 bunch scallions, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Serving suggestion: Grilled Summer Vegetables and Corn, recipe follows
- Grilled Summer Vegetables and Corn:
- 2 eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut in 1/2, lengthwise
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Place the chicken pieces in 1 or 2 large re-sealable plastic bags and add the rest of the ingredients. Seal the bag and shake to mix. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
Heat grill to medium heat, or until the coals are lightly covered with ash. Oil the grill.
Cook the chicken, skin side up, for 20 minutes. Turn the pieces and cook an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted reaches 155 degrees and the chicken is fork-tender and the juices run clear when a thigh is pricked with a fork. (It should measure 180 degrees F on an instant read thermometer). Alternately, roast the chicken in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
Serve 1 bird hot and reserve the other for Days 2 and 3.Grilled Summer Vegetables and Corn:
Brush the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place everything on the grill over medium heat and cook, turning frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork tender. Serve hot, reserving 1/3 of the vegetables for Day 2 and two ears of corn for Day 3.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Garlic Chicken with Black Beans, Pico de Gallo and Homemade Guacamole, Grilled Jerk Chicken with Mango Cilantro Salsa, Grilled Chicken Chili Verde and Corn on the Cob with Chipotle Cream, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Asparagus, Jerk Chicken Recipes