- 2 to 3 onaga-Hawaiian pink snappers
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, cut into thin sticks
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
Score the fish and insert ginger into the cuts. Place the fish in a bowl. Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl and pour the marinade over the fish before grilling. Marinate for about 20 minutes.
Wrap the fish in foil and place on the grill. Cook until flesh is just opaque.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Billy Wong